Magnesium (Mg) is a very important mineral with a multitude of roles in the human body. Magnesium plays an essential role in nerve transmission and neuromuscular conduction (1).
According to researchers at MIT, increasing brain magnesium using Magnesium Threonate may lead to the enhancement of learning abilities, working memory, and short- and long-term memory. This is possible because only Magnesium Threonate can cross blood-brain barrier in a significant proportion. Magnesium Threonate elevated the levels of brain magnesium in both young and aged rats, leading to significant enhancement of spatial and associative memory. Other forms of available magnesium (i.e. magnesium chloride, magnesium gluconate and magnesium citrate) were also tested but failed to elevate in the brain concentration and therefore had insignificant impact on memory (2).
In clinical research by Liu et al. (2016) and Woolie et al. (2017), for cognitive impairment in older adults, Magnesium Threonate was associated with certain dosages of vitamin C and D (3, 4).
Considerable evidence exists suggesting that glutamic acid plays a significant role in cognitive behavior. Its effects upon intelligence are evident both in normal and in retarded persons (5).
Magnesium is also an important electrolyte necessary for maintaining electrolyte balance including the brain (6).
Each capsule of our Magnesium Threonate provides a high dose of 50 mg elemental magnesium derived from Threonic acid Magnesium salt, and is formulated synergistically based on current scientific evidence.
- Anna E. Kirkland et al.; The Role of Magnesium in Neurological Disorders; Nutrients 2018, 10, 730
- Inna Slutsky et al. Enhancement of Learning and Memory by Elevating Brain Magnesium; Neuron 65, 165–177, January 28, 2010 ª2010 Elsevier Inc.
- Guosong Liu et al. Efficacy and Safety of MMFS-01, a Synapse Density Enhancer, for Treating Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial; Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease 49 (2016) 971–990
- Tonita E. Wroolie et al. An 8-week open label trial of L-Threonic Acid Magnesium Salt in patients with mild to moderate dementia; Personalized medicine in psychiatry 4–6 (2017) 7–12
- Vogel, W., Broverman et al.; The role of glutamic acid in cognitive behaviors. Psychological Bulletin, 65(6), 367–382 (1966)
- Faheemuddin Ahmed; Magnesium: The Forgotten Electrolyte—A Review on Hypomagnesemia; Med. Sci. 2019, 7, 56
Did you know
Glutamic acid is converted to Glutamate which is a neurotransmitter in the brain.
|Each vegetarian capsule contains:||Quantity|
|Elemental Magnesium||50 mg|
|from Magnesium L-Threonate|
|L-Glutamic acid||50 mg|
|Vitamin C||15 mg|
|from calcium ascorbate|
|Vitamin D3 100 IU||2.5 mcg|
Non Medicinal Ingredients
Microcrystalline cellulose, ascorbyl palmitate.
Does not contain
Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavours or colours.
Who can benefit?
All adults concerned about brain health.
Older adults with or at risk of age-related cognitive impairment.
Adults take 1 capsule 1-3 times per day or as advised by a healthcare professional.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. May cause minor gastrointestinal disturbances. Keep out of reach of children. Sealed for your protection.