Stress? Anxiety? Low mood? Insomnia?
Registered Holistic Nutritionist and founder of Vitality Nutrition & Counselling
Posted Jan 10, 2017
Most often we don’t notice the stress and anxiety levels that build-up in our daily lives, in our bodies and our nervous system. Most of us find it exhausting to get the right gifts for our family members, clean and decorate the house, cook and bake the best dishes, and still go on with the daily activities such as work, play and exercise.
All these extra activities cause our bodies to be depleted of nutrients due to the high amount of stress we experience. The lack of sunshine in the Northern Part of the continent also alters our mood and causes the pineal glad to produce less amounts of serotonin and higher amount of melatonin, thus promoting seasonal mood swings, which in turn causes more tension, anxiety and lack of restful sleep.
Functional medicine acknowledges that the body is interconnected and there is a need to address the underlying dysfunctions that give rise to conditions like stress, anxiety and low mood. Finding the right supplementation that can improve mood, reduce stress levels and increase the quality of sleep is essential to anyone in search for optimal health. Western Diet is known to lack basic nutrients needed for healing and repair and supplementing is a natural way of balancing our bodies and our health aliments.
- Synergistic GABA Pro by Provita known as “the antidote to stress”, is the main inhibitory or calming neurotransmitter which reduces nerve excitation or stimulation by helping increase serotonin levels; GABA is affecting mood by enhancing relaxation, happiness and sleep; Having too little amounts in our brain is associated with anxiety, tension, low mood and insomnia. This synergistic blend combines L-Glutamic Acid and Vitamin B6 that are essential for its assimilation. GABA is also recommended for those who want to improve their mental focus, improve sleep quality and promote weight loss. GABA can improve mood and prevent psychological causes of overeating and aids sleep, which is essential for weight loss. Synergistic GABA Pro is able to help with depressive conditions due to its ability to promote a healthy mix of brain chemicals and to inhibit those which are liked to mood disorders. * 
- 5-HTP by Provita known as the “happiness neurotransmitter”, is a naturally occurring amino acid that can enhance mood and is a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin, meaning that it crosses the blood brain barrier and converts directly into serotonin when administered. Serotonin functions include restful sleep, mood regulation, increased memory, increased learning abilities and endocrine regulation. It is responsible for generating a calm, relaxed and happy state of mind. If the supplement is taken daily, the user may experience reduced stressed levels, regular sleep cycles, reduced panic attacks and reduced need to use stimulants such as alcohol used to relieve stress and anxiety levels. * 
- NADH+ by Provita known as the “energy booster”, is a powerful antioxidant blend that includes Coenzyme Q10 and Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide. This synergistic blend is used for improving metal clarity, alertness, concentration and memory; It works at the cellular level by increasing the production of ATP, which is the powerhouse of each cell in our bodies. This special formula can also be used in the prevention of chronic fatigue syndrome. It’s uses vary, being a powerful antioxidant can also prevent high blood pressure, high cholesterol, low mood and can boost the immune system. If you need to boost your energy and mental clarity, be sure to have NADH+ on hand as it will come in handy. * 
- Magnesium Pro by Provita known as the “natural chill pill” is an essential mineral which is found in leafy greens and most vegetables and fruits; Since our diets are not always adequate many of us are depleted of this important mineral which serves a multitude of functions in our bodies. Magnesium is an essential co-factor for over 300 biochemical reactions in the human body and it is recognized for its importance in calcium metabolism. Many studies have shown that Magnesium deficiency contributes to several mental health problems, including anxiety. A study in France on 264 patients with generalized anxiety disorder found that a statistically significant number of men and women reported improvements on a magnesium regimen. Another study found that magnesium may have a positive effect on mood as well, since both low mood and anxiety are often linked. By taking magnesium supplements we ensure that this important mineral is abundant in our bodies even if our diets might not be balanced throughout the holiday season. *(4). Magnesium-Pro from Provita Nutrition is a unique, professional health product. It contains four synergistic forms of Magnesium, including amino acid chelates, (malate, bisglycinate, citrate and oxide). The addition of Vitamin B6 and coral calcium improves bio-availability and efficacy of this unique natural health product. * 
- Nervine by Provita is a unique combination of California poppy and Hawthorn. It is efficient and non-addictive. A study carried out in France showed that this herbal combination is very efficient for treating anxiety. It also has a calming effect for the heart. There is an intrinsic connection between anxiety, low mood and heart failure. The efficacy of Nervine is improved when associated with Magnesium-Pro. * 
* Always confirm with your doctor if this supplement is right for you.
 Alternative Medicine Review, Volume 12, Number 3 2007: GABA
 University of Maryland Medical Center: 5-HTP
 Drug Bank: NADH
 Psychology Today- Magnesium and the Brain: The Original Chill Pill
 Nervine Herbs for Treating Anxiety