Improve your Digestion – Key to a Good Health
Registered Holistic Nutritionist and founder of Vitality Nutrition & Counselling
Posted Mar 17, 2017
Digestion is one of the key factors in determining good health. In the holistic world of medicine, poor digestion is responsible for most imbalances that are prevalent in our society today. Without a healthy digestive system, we experience a whole array of detrimental diagnoses from ulcers, to colitis, IBS, food sensitivities/allergies, fatty liver and type II diabetes; Some of the common symptoms of faulty digestive systems include: bloating, gas, heartburn and indigestion, constipation, acne, migraine headaches, weight gain and poor concentration.
Provita Nutrition supplements can help alleviate some of these conditions. Prevention is key in our modern society and investing in our health is necessary for our own well-being. It is important to notice that even if our diets are healthy, supplements can help support our overworked and overtaxed organs, thus bringing some relief to our symptoms; Provita’s continuously evolving Digestive Health Line is curated from the highest quality sources, and is specially formulated to help all levels of the digestion process.
Health professionals strongly encourage daily support and maintenance of our digestive systems by eating plenty of vegetables, fruits, leafy greens, and to increase the intake of fiber and clean water, while supplementing regularly with these potent and popular formulations from Provita Nutrition, known to improve digestive functions by reducing bloating and gas, by improving gut flora, by supporting weight loss and healthy bowl movements.
- Bioactive Acidophilus provides important benefits in maintaining a healthy gut line, supporting a healthy digestive tract and supporting a healthy immune system. Bioactive Acidophilus is concentrated 6-strain HOWARU® premium-quality probiotic and prebiotic combination, which provides 6 billion CFU; Included in this blend of proprietary, human-sourced probiotics are 4 strains of Lactobacillus and 2 strains of Bifidobacterium to promote colonization in both the small intestines and large intestines. These strains were selected based on their superior adherence to the gut lining, resistance to stomach acid and bile, and the ability to support a favorable gut flora. The addition of clinically proven prebiotics such as FOS, Inulin, Pectin and Maltodextrin in a proprietary blending method, helps to improve survivability and insure intestinal colonization by promoting the rapid growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Digestive Enzymes Complex is a complete formulation designed to support digestion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats, and is known to help regulate all biochemical reactions that occur within the human body; Since so much of our food is processed or cooked, it is recommended that we supplement regularly with a good digestive enzyme supplement to avoid malabsorption of nutrients, which is the main cause of fatigue, allergic reactions and skin problems. Pancreatic Enzymes, Betaine Hydro-chloride, Pepsin, Lactase, Bromelain and Papain help ease the work load on our digestive organs, thus reducing digestive disturbances such as: constipation, gas, bloating and poor bowel health. Ginger, Peppermint and Black Pepper are used in Herbal Medicine and Ayurveda to improve digestion by reducing nausea, digestive spasms and indigestion. Finally, the addition of Cellulase and Hemicellulase enzymes helps break down plant fiber, thus improving the digestion and absorption of plant-based nutrients.
- Colon Cleanser is a complete synergistic blend with anti-parasitic properties, used to detoxify the colon, maintain regular bowel movements, and target constipation. A diet too low in fiber, insufficient in good bacteria and too high in processed foods is the usual major cause of colon problems. Glucomannan and Psyllium Husk are great bulk forming laxatives used to treat constipation, which can further promote weight loss and lower cholesterol. Black Walnut is best known for its anti-parasitic properties but also has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and fungicide properties, which make it a mighty potent intestinal cleanser. Slippery Elm Bark and Senna Leaf have a smoothing and lubricating effect on the intestinal tract, which help to promote peristalsis and elimination of toxins. Lactobacillus Acidophilus is an important strain of bacteria that helps the gut digest food and absorb nutrients, providing optimal benefits to the digestive system; Apple Pectin is soluble fiber often considered a prebiotic, which feeds probiotics and encourages their growth by supporting colonization of the gut.
- Silymarin 300 protects vital liver functions with its synergistic combination of Milk Thistle and L-Glutathione. Silymarin is a potent phytochemical derived from Milk Thistle known and well researched for its beneficial properties. Silymarin can regenerate liver cells damage, decongest the liver, protect against toxins and pharmaceuticals, which stress the liver. As a powerful antioxidant, it scavenges for free radicals that can damage cells exposed to toxins. Silymarin also increases Glutathione levels in the liver, responsible for detoxifying a wide range of hormones, drugs and chemicals. Thus, high levels of Glutathione in the liver increases its capacity for detoxification. Early research also indicates that Silymarin may also have anti-cancer properties, while Glutathione is known for its powerful anti-oxidant functions and it is directly involved in the Phase I and Phase II Liver Detoxification. It also supports immune functions by maintaining immune mediated T-Cell Activation.
* Always confirm with your doctor if this supplement is right for you.
Alternative Medicine Review Volume 13, Number 4 2008- The Role of Enzymes Supplementation in Digestive Disorders by Mario Roxas, ND http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/13/4/307.pdf
University of Maryland Medical Center- Psyllium Overview http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/psyllium
Journal of Obesity- Safety and Efficacy of Glucomannan for Weight Loss in Overweight and Moderately Obese Adults https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3892933/
Baseline of Health Foundation- Black Walnut Benefits and Uses https://jonbarron.org/herbal-library/foods/black-walnut-hulls-benefits
University of Maryland Medical Center Milk Thistle Overview http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/milk-thistle
Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine, The Importance and Regulation of hepatic glutathione. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2596047/